Saturday, November 5, 2011

2 years old!

It's that time again. I'm happy to report that today I'm celebrating my 2 year bone marrow birthday. Two years ago today I was in UCLA Medical Center receiving a life-saving allogeneic stem cell transplant, courtesy of my sister's generous donation.
Here's a little reminder of that day: http://cassiereed.blogspot.com/2009/11/landmark-day-for-cassies-recovery.html
I'm feeling good these days, still see my Oncologist every 1-2 months but my blood tests are fine and my most recent PET CT scan shows no signs of cancer for which I continue to be grateful.
I'm enjoying being back to work and Kurt and I are looking forward to a trip back to the midwest for the holidays to see our families.
We recently finished a season cycling with Team in Training raising $8,000 for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in support of their goal of making cancer patient's lives better and finding a cure. Kurt and I trained for a 100-mile cycling event in Moab, Utah on September 17th. It was a great experience and we met a lot of amazing people. Unfortunately I broke my thumb 3 weeks before the event so I couldn't complete the ride.
But I was happy to cheer Kurt and the rest of the team through the ride and across the finish line.
We were excited to make a stop at the Grand Canyon on our way to Utah. It was amazing!
Love and best wishes to you all!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment